Beauty, Culture, Exoticism and Uniqueness
With our roots deeply ingrained in East Africa, our family's connection to Zanzibar runs deep. We possess a genuine ardor for
the island, its populace, and its awe-inspiring natural vistas. Over 25 years ago, when we initially stepped onto the renowned
shores of this island, we made a firm resolution. Drawing upon our educational foundation from the Cornell School of
Hotel Management, our ambition was to amalgamate the zenith of hospitality standards with the personal warmth and touch
emblematic of a family-owned and operated enterprise. Our objective was to reflect the magnificence, culture,
allure, and unique character of Zanzibar. We are distinct from chains and refrain from conforming to a standardized approach.
Furthermore, you won't discover an assortment of resorts spanning diverse Indian Ocean islands within our portfolio. Our unwavering
commitment is directed solely towards this place, in every conceivable sense.
Our choice of location was methodical and intentional. We have positioned ourselves on a tranquil, exquisite beach that has
earned the prestigious distinction of being included among the world's finest island beaches by Conde Nast Traveler. It's noteworthy
that at the time of our arrival, only a handful of journalists or travel writers had ventured to our beach. True explorers, we were
driven by the quest for the perfect backdrop. The validation of our selection by the preeminent travel magazine on a global scale
is a source of immense gratification for us.
Why the South East Coast?
Recognizing our bias, we hold a genuine conviction that the South East Coast provides an authentic and immersive Zanzibar beach experience for all who venture there.
- On the path to The Zanzibar Collection, you will encounter the Jozani forest, a sanctuary for the unique Red Colobus monkey, exclusive to Zanzibar.
- Our location is nestled within a relatively untouched corner of Zanzibar, characterized by a scarcity of hotels, charming fishing villages, and a captivating natural landscape.
- Without reservation, we proudly declare that our beach stands among the finest, not only in Zanzibar but also across East Africa and, dare we say, the globe.
- The expansive coral reef gracing our shoreline ensures secure swimming, captivating snorkeling adventures, and contributes to the creation of our pristine white sandy beach.
- A brief drive away awaits Kizimkazi, renowned for its Dolphin lagoon, providing an opportunity to swim alongside these majestic beings.
- Additionally, the region offers remarkable diving prospects, a plethora of water sports, and reef safaris, inviting you to fully immerse yourself in the extraordinary marine life that defines the uniqueness of Zanzibar.
Our Proudest Contribution
One of our most remarkable accomplishments lies in the deep pride we take in our journey of providing training and education to an
entire generation of Zanzibaris and Tanzanians. This endeavor equips them with invaluable skills that they can carry with them throughout their lives.
Our steadfast commitment is made evident through our Zanzibar hospitality education programs, carefully designed to both train and employ local
Zanzibaris. Going a step further, we offer English classes to our staff, and it's truly heartening to witness the progress of many exceptional managers who have
climbed the ranks to reach their utmost potential. The frequent attempts by esteemed international hotel companies in Zanzibar to recruit our staff
serve as a testament to our dedication. While this recurring situation might be somewhat bothersome, it unequivocally highlights our achievements and
recognition in the industry.
Zawadi embodies an intricate architectural representation of Swahili design, harmoniously integrating finely detailed handcrafted elements
into its structure as a tribute to the extraordinary skills of local artisans. Our objective has been to honor and fortify iconic designs,
traditions, and talents in a joyous celebration of Swahili design.
The entire collection of Zanzibari furniture within Baraza is expertly handcrafted by local artisans who have mastered the art of wood carving,
a craft for which Zanzibar is renowned. Architecturally,Zawadi serves as a passage through opulent and captivating designs reminiscent
of the style that graced the Sultan's Palaces of Zanzibar. We take great pride in presenting traditional Swahili dancers and singers,
while our Taarab band performs melodies that would have resonated within the court of Sultan bin Said in 1880. This effort
underscores our commitment to support and celebrate the cultural identity of Zanzibar, striving to safeguard and honor this iconic artistic legacy.